School Administrators & Board Members
Lunchtime Solutions professionally manages the food service operations in 48 school districts in Nebraska, South Dakota, Missouri, Minnesota and Iowa. Launched with a single school district in 1997, the locations served by LSI have grown quickly based on the fresh, healthy and contemporary quality of the food service experience provided to students, faculty and staff, along with the professional food service management services provided to the district administration.
LSI food service program for K-12 far exceeds USDA and National School Lunch Program requirements. All of our management team are active members of the School Nutrition Association, and represent a diverse background of experience in both commercial food service operations and school food service, along with food industry manufacturing and distribution.
The benefit to the District is our ability to listen carefully to your district’s objectives and needs, and from there formulate strategies and plans that will deliver the best food service experience possible to your students, faculty and staff. After that, we make sure it all happens to plan, that complete satisfaction is achieved, and that we give suggestions and guidance for keeping your program moving forward.
Working with LSI
Lunchtime Solutions is committed to moving your program forward.
- Our focus is meeting expectations for healthy fresh foods, and keeping menus current with today’s food trends.
- Growing program revenues: Increasing revenues is important to meet the financial goals of the district in the face of increasing food and labor costs, and we have a variety of additional menu offerings and menu options.
- Contracting with LSI makes your life easier with our annual planning and budget, financial accountability with guaranteed financial performance, and with our staffing and personnel management for foodservice.
- LSI has an exclusive K-12 focus, and is the right size company to be completely responsive to your needs and concerns regarding your program.
Our mission is to inject continuous excitement into your program through a wide variety of menu choices that meet the changing expectation for fresh and healthy food.
- Healthy food choices for students – An ongoing commitment to keeping your menus contemporary with new recipes for fresh, prepared in the kitchen foods.Unlimited fresh fruits and vegetables are included with every student lunch.
- Chef Prepared Entrees – Featured entrees expose the students to healthy new flavors and tastes, healthy cooking demonstration by a chef, this option can be offered once monthly or twice monthly.
- Buying locally grown foods – Lunchtime Solutions works with local farms and growers to bring the freshest produce and other foods to the lunch menus. We assist learning about local purchasing through our Farmers Market Selections monthly educational program.
- Crusin’ Café – A meals to go option for students that have to be away from the serving area over the lunch hour.
- SchoolYard Garden – Financial assistance for supporting school grown food and integrating the yield into the meal programs for additional learning.
WasteWisdom™ Reduce Reuse Recycle Program – Lunchtime solutions is committed to minimizing the waste stream from foodservice and will develop solutions for the district to further this objective for sustaining our planet.
- Buy Locally Program – Lunchtime Solutions works with local farms to bring the freshest produce and other foods to the lunch menus. We assist learning about local purchasing through our Farmers Market Selections monthly educational program. Buying locally is good for the community and good for nutrition.
- Food and Healthy Lifestyles Education Programs – Farmers Market Selections features foods that may be seasonal, locally purchased, or unusual for school foodservice, and serving is supported with educational posters and materials that explain to students and families the nutritional benefits of including these foods into lifelong eating habits.
Lunchtime Solutions can work with you to develop a plan for moving your foodservice program ahead, including menu options, program options, a financial assessment and outlining the steps to the contracting process.
Contact us to find out more
“We are very pleased that Lunchtime Solutions has taken the initiative to buy locally-grown fruits and vegetables for their school food service business. In doing so, they are helping the area’s rural economy, as well as providing the freshest, high quality produce available to the school districts they serve.” – Kent Lundquist,Lundquist Farm Orchard
“It has been an excellent first year, thanks for your efforts and that amount of attention you gave Storm lake Community School District” – Dr. Carl Turner