Lunchtime Solutions will be happy to work with you to develop a plan for moving your food service program ahead, including menu options, program options, and financial assessment.
Steps to a Successful Contracting Process
For your convenience we have outlined the steps and a recommended timeline for the contracting process below. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about the contracting process, call us at 605-235-0939 or send us an email.
- Site visit to view a company’s operations
Standard Food Service Management Request for Proposals (RFP) process:
- Board decision to issue a Request for Proposals (RFP) from interested management companies
- Notify your State Agency and get RFP materials and official timeline
- Make internal decisions on RFP, contract structure, and selection criteria
- Get your customized RFP approved by your State Agency- Expect 2-4 weeks
- Follow State Agency’s requirements for advertising your RFP
- Have a facility walk-through of your kitchens for prospective management company representatives
- Receive proposals – Deadline: 60 days
- Evaluate proposals received: Allow 1 week
- Negotiate contract with selected company: Allow 2 weeks
- State agency approves the contract: Allow 4 weeks – target date for submission of
contract to the State is no later than May 1
If you have any questions or concerns, Susan Gracey, Director of Business Development or Fred Sulzbach, Business Development and Relationship Manager, will be happy to assist you. Call them at 605-235-0939.
Honest dialog and open communication was a critical component to making this a successful partnership. Lunchtime has changed my way of thinking. They are a partner, not a vendor. I could write all day about this!