Lunchtime Solutions will be happy to work with you to develop a plan for moving your food service program ahead, including menu options, program options, and financial assessment.
Steps to a Successful Contracting Process
For your convenience we have outlined the steps and a recommended timeline for the contracting process below. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about the contracting process, call us at 605-235-0939 or send us an email.
- Site visit to view a company’s operations
Standard Food Service Management Request for Proposals (RFP) process:
- Board decision to issue a Request for Proposals (RFP) from interested management companies
- Notify your State Agency and get RFP materials and official timeline
- Make internal decisions on RFP, contract structure, and selection criteria
- Get your customized RFP approved by your State Agency- Expect 2-4 weeks
- Follow State Agency’s requirements for advertising your RFP
- Have a facility walk-through of your kitchens for prospective management company representatives
- Receive proposals – Deadline: 60 days
- Evaluate proposals received: Allow 1 week
- Negotiate contract with selected company: Allow 2 weeks
- State agency approves the contract: Allow 4 weeks – target date for submission of
contract to the State is no later than May 1
If you have any questions or concerns, Susan Gracey, Director of Business Development or Fred Sulzbach, Business Development and Relationship Manager, will be happy to assist you. Call them at 605-235-0939.
Lunchtime Solutions has enabled us to overcome stagnate and limited lunch options. With the tremendous variety and several options each day, our students and staff always have something that appeals to them.